Wednesday 3 August 2011

Trust

I hate liars.



I am writing this blog when I am feeling really down and disappointed about someone that I couldn’t even spell or type properly. So my English will be quite incoherent because I find it so difficult to express myself in times like this. I feel like a teenager all over again. I hope that my gut feelings are wrong and one day I could find out that the truth is different.

Is lying by omission the same as lying?

Yes, I think so. It would sometimes be worse than actually lying because you make the other person feel like a fool, not knowing the truth that everyone else knows.

“Should trust be given or be earned?”

Funny thing is, this question came up twice, once during a conversation with my friend and once with my professor. My friend was having problems with his girlfriend, and we talked about whether in a relationship we should trust the other person completely or they should earn their trust over time. We also debated on whether we should forgive and give the other person second chances if we find out that they have not been honest with us. My professor, a skeptic person, after reading my blog, asked me whether I trust people too much.

Yes, it’s true. I trust people. I used to be skeptical and mistrust everyone. However, as I grew up, I realized that only by trusting people would you give them the confidence to be the best they can be. So I would always give them my full trust until they prove me wrong. Even if I find out people have not been completely honest, I would still try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don’t want to jump into conclusions or take things out of context. I wish to hear of the truth only from that person. And if they tell me the truth, I would still give them a second or third chance because I believe as humans, we all make mistakes.

But once I find out that the person has been trying to hide the truth from me or intentionally lying to me even after all the trust and support I gave, then all respect and friendship would be gone. I’d have no choice but to let go and walk away. There would be no turning back.


Disclaimer: My blog is for entertainment purposes only, please do not take it seriously or personally. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. In my opion, you actually knew the truth a long time ago but you just wanted to blind yourself from the fact. Be back into the real life, listen to your heart and let yourself be respected by a right man.

    ReplyDelete